July 29, 2016
The beginning of a new year means a new list of resolutions. Unfortunately, these New Year’s resolutions of nabbing our dream job, or losing the 10 pounds we’ve been meaning to lose forever rarely come to fruition. Not only that, but how often does giving some TLC to our homes make the list? For this year’s New Year’s resolution, make a commitment to your home because a healthy home means a happy life. Here are a few ideas for your home in 2014.
- Keep up with routine HVAC and tank maintenance. This is the most important when it comes to your home and it can be the easiest. Your local heating oil company, like Haly Oil Co, offers a hassle free Service and Efficiency Contract that offers discounts on cleanings for your furnace, oil or propane tanks, as well as, any repairs. With annual check-ups on your heating and cooling systems, your home will stay comfortable all year long.
- Improve your indoor air quality. High quality UV lights (IAQ) kill germs that can cause illness. If you’ve ever experienced the spread of a cold from one member of your family to the next, air filters can help keep your family healthy throughout the flu season.
- Finish that home improvement project. You probably have half a million unfinished home projects, but this year make a list of them and slowly check them off. The sense of accomplishment will be motivation enough and you’re home will look great too!
- Create a unique space. You’ve always wanted a built in bookshelf, or maybe you’ve always wanted to have a home office. By creating a space that’s different and you, you’ll not only add value to your home, but you will make it yours.
- Get you carpet professionally cleaned. Your carpet is one of those things that we routinely keep clean by vacuuming, but the truth is that your carpet is full of allergens. Vacuuming can only take care of a small percentage of dirt, dust, and pet dander. If you have children, pets, or allergies, having your carpet professionally cleaned will dramatically changed your living areas.
- Get your flue cleaned. This seems like an odd one, but when was the last time you had this done?
- Spruce up the garden. Starting a compost pile is an environmentally friendly idea that will dramatically enhance your gardens. By adding this nutrient rich soil to your gardens your flowers and vegetables will thrives. Follow this link http://www.organicgardening.com/learn-and-grow/how-build-compost-pilefor guidelines on how to build your compost pile. It’s a lot easier than you would think!
Let’s make 2014 a year to remember. It will be THE YEAR you accomplish your resolutions and the year that your home receives the love and attention that it deserves.